In this article we will cover:
- Video guide: Lesson structure
- How to navigate to the Lesson Explorer
- What is a lesson?
- What is a session?
Video guide to lesson structure
How to navigate to the Lesson Explorer
- From your dashboard click Teach
- Now click Lesson Explorer
The drop down selectors on the Lesson Explorer will be different depending on whether your district has chosen integrated or discipline specific for NGSS.
What is a lesson?
A lesson comprises of a number of sessions.
On the Lesson page you can:
- Assign all sessions in the Lesson
- View the sessions which comprise the lesson
- See the standards which are mapped to the lesson
- View Professional Learning resources such as Teaching Background Information
- View the lessons structural flow
What is a Session?
Each Lesson has a number of Sessions. Sessions are usually 50 minutes in length and look at a specific assignment to help form part of the lesson investigation.
On the Session page you can:
- Assign or share the session
- View the student version of the assignment
- View the online Twig Journal
- View the online Twig Journal with answers
- See a overview of the session
- View the prep section which details anything you need to prepare for the assignment
- View the mapped standards
- View teacher instructions
- View and share digital resources for the session
Viewing different versions of the assignment
From the Sessions page you can access the Student view of the assignment, as well as viewing the online Twig Journal.
Digital Student Session View
You can view each Digital Student Session from the Session page by selecting Student View Digital. You will now see the assignment for this session.
To learn more about the student view of a session, please view: How do I access Digital Student Sessions?
The session overview contains:
- The Driving Question for the session
- Investigative Phenomenon
- Session Overview
- Session Objectives
- 5E Instructional Flow
Some sessions will require work to be carried out prior to your student session.
The Prep tab contains:
- Prep—a step by step guide to anything you need to do prior to the session.
- Teacher Resources—a list of equipment you will need.
- Digital Resources—videos and visuals for the lesson.
- Professional Learning—teacher background information.
Teacher instructions are a step by step guide to the session. The instructions provide a structure to the session and indicates when to show visuals or videos, and when to carry out experiments or labs. The instructions also detail key questions to ask your students.
Any videos or visuals for your session can be found under this tab for you to print or share.