Twig Science has several accessibility features to help provide a great user experience for all. Twig Science has:
- An accessibility panel which provides a screen reader, font adjustment and contrast controls.
- A read aloud feature for all assessments, assignments and PDFs.
In this article we will look at:
- How do I enable the accessibility panel?
- How do I enable the read aloud feature on lessons and assessments?
- How do I use the PDF audio reader?
How do I enable the accessibility panel?
- Accessibility features can be turned on by clicking the accessibility button, located on the left hand side at the bottom of the screen.
- A pop up panel will appear, which gives you access to a screen reader and the ability to change many aspects of the site.
- To disable any settings click the Reset Settings button at the bottom of the panel.
How do I enable the read aloud feature on lessons and assessments?
Lessons all feature an audio player which enables users to listen to all the text on the page. The audio player can be found on teacher lessons pages and student facing lessons.
To listen to the reader simply click the play button the player. Words will be highlighted on the screen in time with the audio.
To access the audio player settings, click on the three lines at the left hand side of the play button. This will bring up a menu. The settings menu provides access to several modes including Click and listen and Download MP3.
How do I use the PDF audio reader?
Our ReadAloud feature is available on all Lesson Assets and PDF Resources for each lesson.
- Navigate to a lesson.
- Click on Digital Resources.
- Click on an asset.
- A window will open.
- Now click on the ReadAloud option. The window should expand.
- Click the Listen icon to start the ReadAloud audio player.
Top Tips for Presenting ReadAloud Assets in Class
When presenting a ReadAloud Asset to students, there are a few settings that can help to improve the user experience for your students.
- Turn On Automatic Scrolling: The page will scroll down, along with the audio.
- Remove the Contents Menu: To show the full page, you can close down the Content Menu at the side. Click on the menu icon.
- Use Zoom: To show the full page, or a partial part of the page use the magnifying icon to zoom in or out.