In this article we will look at:
- A video walkthrough of grading assignments
- How to navigate to a turned in assignment
- Get to know your grading dashboard
- How to grade a student's assignment
- How to grade assignments by question/stage
- Interactive tutorial: Grading
A video walkthrough of grading assignments
How to navigate to a turned in assignment
Assignments can be found on your teacher dashboard. Navigate to a turned in assignment by following these three simple steps.
- Click View all assignments.
- Use the status icons to see the assignments which have been turned in. Click on a turned in assignment.
- Now click View. This will show you the student view.
Get to know your grading dashboard
How to grade a student's assignment
On the student view you can grade by student or by question/stage. Here we'll look at grading by student. Read How to grade assignments by question/stage to learn more about alternative grading views.
- Select the student's assignment you wish to grade from the dropdown.
- Scroll down to see each answer.
- Leave feedback for each answer.
- When you've finished grading click on Progress Actions.
- Either return the assignment to the student, or mark as complete.
Marking an assignment as complete means the student can no longer edit the assignment.
How to grade assignments by question/stage
You can grade each assignment by stage. Instead of scrolling through each assignment in its entirety, you can grade a stage at a time.
- Navigate to a turned in assignment.
- Switch from View by Student to View by Stage.
- Select the stage or question section you wish to grade.
- Each student's answer for this specific stage will be listed.
- The student's name will appear above each answer.
- Switch back to View by Student to return assignments or to mark a student's assignment as complete.
Interactive Tutorial: Grading
Follow our interactive step by step guide to find out how to grade turned in assignments.
Best experienced in Full Screen Mode. Click this icon to view in Full Screen Mode.